Wednesday, July 26, 2006

do-gooders and television subsidies

Couple of random things I found interesting in the news:

A number of Canadian public figures are turning a new leaf and devoting themselves to a single cause. I'm most interested to learn about Roy Romanow's Canadian Index of Well-Being. This article doesn't have much to say on it, but it highlights the actions of a few do-gooders from Canada's political circles.

The Toronto Star tells us that the U.S. plans to offer subsidies to convert old TVs.

The U.S. administration wants to spend $1.5 billion (U.S.) to help about 16
million households buy television converter boxes to ease the transition to
digital TV in 31 months.
Article is here.

Amendment: Ah-ha! I've caught a big fat slip-of-tongue on this post and I've deleted it. I guess that's what I get for posting on the run.

No comments: